Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Chapter 6

A quick shower and clean clothes. John was finally shedding his last memories of his cockroach infested room. When he heard Tony's car pull up outside he jumped down the stairs, despite his aching bones. DIY was hard work. Especially for someone like John who had spend most of his life behind a desk. Starting with his school desk, which he had shared with Jones both through junior and secondary school.Last time John had seen Jones was at the roman baths in Bath. They had had done a little small talk, but otherwise had nothing to talk about. Jones was there with his wife and seven kids. Seven! John didn't know anything about kids.Jones had been a laugh at school. Always getting into trouble, but never cared. John had been the serious kid, who would never miss classes, and always handed in assignments early. When they had met in Bath John had secretly felt like he was the one of them with the better life. How wrong he had been."OK?", Tony asked with a concerned tone in his voice. It was lunchtime and John had put his mind into painting the upstairs rooms 100%, while Tony was trying to decide what he wanted to do to his new kitchen units, which didn't fit. They where sitting on a couple of boxes having sandwiches from the local corner shop."You look like you have the worl on your sholders", Tony smiled encouragingly. John didn't bite, "I'm fine. Do you want help with the kitchen, or shall I continue painting upstairs?". "let's go to the pub. Forget the kitchen", Tony replied. And they left everything and went to the pub.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trista said...

I love your writing (just not all the cockroaches -- I can't stand bugs). I must have read through all of your posts before I realized that I had just spent about 20 minutes reading, when I should have been working instead. Are you going to write another chapter any time soon?

7:16 AM  
Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Sparkling, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on wood working dust collector I ended up on your page. As your Chapter 6 is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to post your link on my "favorites" page. Should you ever need
information about wood working dust collector, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home